- The substrate must be clean, stable free of any kind of dirt and contamination (dust, paint, oil etc.). Old, loose coatings, dirt, fat, oils, organic substances and dust must be removed by a grinding machine. Possible surface irregularities must be filled and smoothened. Any loose surface pieces and grinding dust must be thoroughly removed..
- The quantity of MARMOSEAL EPOXY PRIMER Component B is carefully added and incorporated into the pail containing MARMOSEAL EPOXY PRIMER Component A. Then the mixture MUST BE diluted with water up to 20-30% by weight. After the dilution, a constant mixing at low speed takes place for about 3 minutes, until the final mixture is completely homogeneous. The whole mixing process should be done carefully and thoroughly especially on the walls and the bottom of the pail.
Attention: the dilution water must be POTABLE.
- The final mixture is applied by roller or brush until the surface if fully covered.
- After 6-12 hours (but before 24 hours) and while the primer is still a bit tacky, the application of the polyurethane membrane (MARMOSEAL PU) or the polyurethane joint sealant should take place.
- The application temperature should be between +5οC and +35οC.
Approximately 200gr/m2 for one layer..
- In metal pails (A+B) of (15+5)kg, and (3+1)kg, in pallets.
- In a dry, frost free place, 12 months from the production date, in unopened metal pails.
|Composition||Epoxy resin+ Hardener|
|Mixing ratio||Α : Β = 3 :1 (by weight)|
|Resistance to water pressure||No leak||DIN 1048|
|Adhesion to aluminium||2,0 ± 0,2 N/mm2||ASTM D 903|
|Hardness (Shore A scale)||>95||ASTM D 2240|
|High temperature resistance||100oC||Inhouse lab|
|Low temperature resistance||– 30oC||Inhouse lab|
|Application temperature||+5oC to +35oC||Conditions:
20οC, 50% RH
|Pot life||60 minutes|
|Overcoating time||12-18 hours|
|Final curing time||7 days|
- For optimum quality results the temperature should be between +5oC and +35oC. Low temperatures decelerate maturing, while high ones accelerate it. High humidity may affect the final finish.
- MARMOSEAL EPOXY PRIMER can be diluted with 10-20% clean water in order to adjust the viscosity and increase the workability. The dilution takes place after the mixing of the two components.
Although specifications and instructions outlined in this report were prepared to the best of our ability, knowledge and experience, they must be taken as indicative results and require verification after numerous applications. Intended users of this product must verify its suitability for the planned application. End user is responsible for all results from the product’s use.